The King

January 14, 2015

So it has been a long time coming (two years to be exact) but we finally ordered our K I N G bed that can fit us plus those little "night-wandering-into-our-bed" people we have living with us!

I ordered it on New Years Eve (I got a gift card from Santa for part of it) from West Elm.  It is their Tabitha Poster Bed and is still on sale (here).  It arrives this Sunday and I am so excited to actually have something to start decorating with. 




Until now we have done nothing with the Master bedroom except paint it the perfect shade of moody peacock blue (Benjamin Moore -New York State of Mind)  


My plans are to keep the linens all white with some splashes of color in throw pillows.  I have this linen duvet cover from H&M home (here) and I love it (it gets softer with every wash).  I liked it so much that I got a twin one for Emersons room and will be ordering one for Harpers big girl bed once we decide on that!

 
and my mum made me some euro shams with this fabric, which goes great with the blue walls and white linens.


I already have these curtains hung high above the window fame; I think the black Greek key border will look great with the black bed frame.


Now I just need a few sheet sets in King size as everything we have is Queen, new nightstands and a king mattress!  And since I love the photo above with the bed and that rug, I am thinking of moving our living room rug into our room . . . this is the one we have (here)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E