Jaw Dropping

August 4, 2014

I have kept in touch with a friend of mine from High school through Facebook over the years.  In High School she was nothing short of brilliant; a fantastic attitude and outlook and far older in her maturity and refinement than anyone else I knew, and she was smart as hell to boot!  We were never best friends but had a mutual respect and friendship that started in Junior High School through to High School  It was no shock to me that she went on to live a fab life starting in SF to now, NY.  

She recently got married and shared some pic's on FB and I was absolutely mesmerized at the wedding and her beauty and when I asked about the details, it made the whole event even more brilliantly chic and timeless.  I immediately asked her if I could share her wedding story and some photos on my blog and she agreed!  So here you go a little snapshot into the wonderful World of Anna & Daniel.

She answered a few questions I had . . . 


Can you give me a little background on yourself:
Well, as you know, we went to high school together, and then I ran off to UC Berkeley. : )  Nowadays, I live in Brooklyn and work as an editorial director for a digital advertising agency called Huge. So I guess that AP English class paid off. 
  
And how about a little background on your handsome hubby:
Daniel is also an editor, but his medium is images instead of words. He works on feature film productions, and I try to go see each one of his movies in the theatre and wait to see his name in the credits at the end! (My favorite so far has been Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom.)

I desperately NEED details on your wedding day attire:
       Dress – J. Mendel
Shoes – Jimmy Choo (ok peeps I found them here on sale!)
Clutch – Vintage
Jewelry – brass cuff from a street vendor

And that wonderful suit your hubby wore:
       Suit – J. Crew (and a really good tailor)
Shoes – Salvatore Ferragamo

How did you plan the wedding:
We wanted to plan the wedding relatively quickly, because my sister is also getting married later this year and we didn’t want to steal her thunder. So we came up with a simple wedding plan that we could pull off in six months. That meant we did away with a lot of the usual wedding formalities: no wedding party, no sit-down dinner, no cake, no flowers, no bridal gown. Not even an aisle to walk down! Instead, we decided to throw an evening cocktail party for 85 of our closest friends and family, and let Manhattan supply the dramatic backdrop. We found an amazing furnished photo studio called Gary’s Loft, located right next to the Empire State Building, and knew right away that it was the perfect space. (The roof deck didn’t hurt.) The wedding felt modern and relaxed, and more importantly, it felt like “us.” People kept asking me if I felt stressed out or overwhelmed planning the wedding, but honestly the answer is no. I handled most of the strategic decision-making, but Daniel was awesome at executing the plans. (If you ever need to arrange a candle cluster by height, you should really see what he can do with a spreadsheet.) We kept the moving parts to a minimum, and hired a great wedding planner to handle the rest. I wouldn’t change a thing!

Who were your fab photographers:
The biggest expense we saved was on wedding photos, because two of our friends lent their talents as a gift to us. They are both professional photographers, but neither one specializes in weddings… which I think actually worked in our favor, because the photos have such a great editorial feel.




 I found them here on sale!












To see the entire FABULOUS day check out their website here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E