Moody

July 30, 2014

So since having my blog a few friends and friends-of-friends have asked me to help them here and there for ideas in their home or specific rooms. I don't have any formal "education" in design or decorating; in fact my whole education (Undergrad and Masters) has been in the Biomedical/Pre-Med Sciences, but I have always had a creative side with a love for art, painting, fashion and decorating.  

I ask my client (lol) a lot of questions, get a feel for the look/mood they want for the room, get to understand the functionality they want for the room then I research the hullabaloo out of websites and Pinterest and magazines (for inspiration) then I put together a mood board in PowerPoint (I don't have any snazzy software for this).  I also do this a lot for myself when trying to figure out a pillow/fabric combo!  I am such a visual person so this always helps me when planning.

Here are some I have done more recently . . . 
 
This was one I did to figure out how to paint and upholster my thrift store chairs.

This was a bathroom mood board that I did for my fab sister-in-law's master bathroom . . . she asked for a romantic but fresh feel (I gave her a few rug choices) . . .



A pillow combo for my sister-in-law's living room . . .

This mood board is for a fabulous mama-friend's playroom/guest room.  The room serves as a playroom, guestroom (with a daybed/pull-out sofa bed) and her home office that she works out of so she wanted it kid-friendly but not like a preschool classroom . . .



This was the pillow combination board for out living room (I was outbid (ebay) on that great pillow on the bottom right!) 


My initial mood board for our living room when we got our new rug  . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E