you are going to be jealous

June 26, 2014

I will warn you now that you are going to be jealous after this post and looking for a custom painting of yourself . . . I know,  I know it sounds silly but just wait . . . 

A month or so ago Mr. Hotpants and I went on a date night and I may have had one too many glasses of Prosecco that led to a slight hangover the next morning.  Anyway it was a beautiful sunny day, I threw on some shorts and a tank top, skipped the bra and we sat outside, had breakfast, blew bubbles and I nursed my hangover with water and coffee.  

Little Ms. Emerson asked if she could paint with her watercolor paints and naturally I obliged (I actually don't think I answered and she took that as YES!) . . . she sat at her little picnic table and happily painted away for a good 20minutes all the while looking up at me then down at her paper again.

Eventually she came over and presented this beautiful portrait of me reclining in my chair with my red hair flowing.  She was especially impressed with getting my skin color "right" because "skin is a really hard color to make mum!" . . . I agree and I love the sun-kissed tan she gave me, albeit I may need to wear more sunscreen.  

But the one thing she definitely wanted me to notice was the little blob of skin-colored paint that was on the side of my shirt.  

"mum, do you see that little skin piece right there coming out your shirt?"

"Yes I do, what is that honey?"

"It's your boobie, its sticking out . . . see!" (as she points to my side-boob)

So there you have it peeps, I have a hand-painted watercolor portrait of myself with side-boob . . . beat that!

Pretty sure this piece of art is  p r i c e l e s s



1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and love it! That painting is pretty great! Love what the little ones will come up with! Happy Friday!

    xo,
    Lindsay

    www.pinkandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E