Common denominator?

May 13, 2014

What is the same in all these beautiful interiors? 






You guessed it .... the West Elm Souk rug of awesomeness!!!!   I have been in love with this rug/look for probably 3 years now.  Problem was the 8x10 rug from West Elm is $899 and never goes on sale and the look-a-like RugsUSA 8x10 is also $837 . . . BUT RugsUSA do run sales and they ran the most amazing Mothers Day sale on this rug and I got 60% off!!!!! The most I have seen it go on sale for was 20% a while back . . . so with my last bit of birthday money I got this beauty for $330 and it should be here in a few days . . . I cannot explain my excitement!

When we moved into our new home we needed rugs in EVERY single room as we installed hardwood throughout the whole house (tile in bathrooms.)    So I scoured Homegoods, Target and RugsUSA for affordable chic options and I LOVE all the ones we found.  The only problem was that the one we found for the living room had mainly red tones and was a warm color palette.  Once we got our new grey sectional in the room all I wanted was a cool light tone to the room with whites, greys and blues.  

Here is the room now . . . (pic taken a while ago on old iPhone) . . .


Can you imagine how light and bright and gorgeous it will look like with the new rug!!! and a few of these pillows . . . I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited . . . I'm slowly creating my dream home!





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good game plan to me! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I can't wait to take pics once it is all said and done!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E