yikes . . .

December 6, 2013

Has it really been a week since I posted?  This week felt a little crazy but I promise next week will be better . . . I plan on doing nothing this weekend except finishing the tree and decorations around the house, planting some poinsettia's in the garden, ordering some gifts, mailing out our Christmas cards (I will post next week! so cute!!), wrapping some presents, and writing some new blog posts for ya'll! 

So this Friday I leave you with a few baubles . . . 

Mr. Hotpants got a new car  . . . the ultimate commuting car! The Honda Civic Natural Gas car!  I thought it was going to smell funny, drive slow, and have zero pick-up . . . BUT I was wrong.  I love it . . . kinda a little jealous! You see the hubs and I commute 100 miles each day (50 miles each way to work) so the main issues are carpool lane for traffic, gas costs, and our environmental footprint!  This little car solved all of those for us.  It has the carpool sticker so you can zip in that baby alone and get NO tickets!!! It takes "natural gas" (like what you cook with on your stove!) and I can fill the tank up for $12!!!! and natural gas is a clean-burning fuel!   It drives great, not slow and has a normal gas-fueled car pick-up! All the electronics inside are awesome too!  The only thing you have to know is where the CNG gas stations are....we are lucky enough to have one by Mr. Hotpants office and one not far from the house

Thanks to my sister-in-law for the heads-up we were able to get a great photo session with an amazing Santa Claus!  He was the REAL deal . . . like I kid you not I was sure Donder and Blitzen were hanging in the garage!!! 

We picked up our tree this past Tuesday night with my dad "Papa" . . . (it was perfectly quiet compared to getting it on the weekend) and we got it at Home Depot .... amazing trees, great help and we got a 10ft-er for $99 which you can't beat . . .this baby would be $300 at a Christmas tree lot!  She is a beauty and her name is "Sparkles" (duh!!!).  We have half-decorated her, and when I say "half" I mean 2 little munchkins have stuck almost all the decorations on 1-2 branches at their height! So this weekend we will be finishing it up and putting out some other decorations which I will post pic's of next week!

Loving this little nook in our bedroom . . . I am so excited to get working on this room in the new year and make some beautiful moody changes.  My wonderful mama is making some euro shams for me out of this fabulous fabric and I H&M finally got their linen duvet back in stock in Queen/King sizes so I ordered it ASAP before it sold out again (remember I go t it for little Ms. E's room here) .... I am also looking at some new hardware for the side tables and my little desk!  (Yes that is "Max" our elf hiding in our tree!)

FINALLY the weather has cooled down and it feels somewhat like Fall/Winter here in SoCal . . . . had our first rain and the girls were loving it!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E