Am I a Grown-Up? Part 1

September 12, 2013

Is this what it is to be "grown-up?"  

It's funny I remember being 8, 14, 17, 22, 28 thinking "I wonder what its going to feel like when I am all grown-up?" and you know I kept asking myself that until yesterday and then I was like "Oh!!! this is what it is like to feel grown-up!" 

I just feel as though we are facing some large challenges, not bad, just each one is requiring a lot of deliberation, discussing, planning and it is the first time I have felt like"yeah . . . this is some grown-up sh*t"lol

Not to throw all my stuff at you, but blogging about the things going on in my life is like 'free" therapy and I always go back to the fact that I want to share so as people can relate and feel as though there are others out there going through this life journey with some of the same ups and downs!  (I made this into a two part post because I just had so much to share . . . feel free to skip to the fashion posts if you need to : )

1. We have decided to sell our condo in Santa Monica.  Bittersweet  . . . thought we may have it forever but the market has shot back up (it was underwater last year) and things are selling pretty fast if they are priced right!  We have always said that if we can just break even and walk away paying nothing we would be so happy . . . so here's to that theory although maybe, just maybe we might make a small-ish profit! Along with this decision comes a landslide of work - you see it gets complicated; we have renters, we need to show the place with renters in it, we need to get our renters to leave, we need to do all of this in a short period of time because the period for selling at this time of year is narrowing, nothing really sells between Nov-Feb! So the next few weeks will be craaazy!

 Santa Monica Pier

2. Our baby girl, little Ms. Em, has started asking some big questions of us - life, death, God, and is starting to have those yucky things happen at preschool (first of all Preschool!! really? people they are still little!!!) like "so and so said they didn't like me and doesn't want to play with me," and "they were mean to me and were laughing at me because I didn't have fruit snacks in my lunch!" and I can see in her little eyes and her sweet little face that she is trying to figure it all out and doesn't understand . . . . and Wow! How is she supposed to? I mean I don't have it figured out, I can't understand why people are mean and say hurtful things, even as an adult.  It takes all I have not to come out swinging.  I have been thinking alot about how to explain things to her; those things that are just unfair, that won't go away EVER . . . I found two books that I absolutely have to share because they made me feel so much better and if everyone in the world read these 2 children's books and lived by them . . . there would be no war's or bully's or meanies . . . (here and here)



The other day we were driving and listening to Christina's new song "Let there be Love" and all of a sudden little Ms. Em said "mummy, mummy turn it down for a minute!" and then she single-handedly broke my heart and made it swell all at the same time by saying this . . . "you know next time someone says they don't like me or don't want to play with me, I should just say to them "let there be love" . . . 

what can you say to that . . . she hurts but she gets it . . . she loves with her whole little body

teach your children love, acceptance and more love, more importantly SHOW them love, acceptance and more love everyday in everything you do.  

Let there be love

1 comment:

  1. If only everyone could be as wise as children and see the world the way they do. I love what your daughter said there should just be love, what a better place this world would be. I'm going to take a look at those books, always looking for great books to read to my son.
    Thanks for sharing and good luck with the condo.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I truly appreciate it! Have a fabulous day. xoxo E